Solution to be Showcased at IBC 2015; Establishes New Standard for Wi-Fi Performance by Employing Advanced MAC/PHY Features to Optimize Wi-Fi Performance in Dense and Interference-Heavy Wireless Environments
Raanana, Israel September 10th, 2015 – Celeno Communications, a leading provider of high-performance Wi-Fi chips and software for demanding home networking applications, today announced that its next generation Quicksilver 802.11ac Wave 2 silicon is fully integrated with the Intel® Puma™ 6 Reference Designs. Celeno’s Quicksilver Wave 2 solution offers 4x times the speed by supporting four simultaneous streams and three concurrent Multi-User devices.
Beyond the improvements in speed, Celeno’s innovative technology embedded in the Quicksilver product family raises the bar on Wi-Fi reliability, a critical issue in a wireless environment rapidly filling with more connected devices and access points. The high density of Wi-Fi devices in an ever constrained radio spectrum means that interference is more than likely, resulting in an inconsistent connectivity experience and, more often than not, insufficient per-user throughput. Celeno’s next generation, fully-featured Wave 2 solution is designed to address these challenges, employing new MAC and PHY improvements to perfect throughput in dense deployments. Celeno’s Quicksilver product family delivers 4x better ‘real world’ throughput, critical for streaming 4K video services, enabling high capacity managed home hot spot services and for ensuring an overall consistent and seamless Wi-Fi user experience.
“Time and again we hear from our service provider and cable operator clients that Wi-Fi coverage and reliability, as opposed to speed, are critical pain points for end users today,” said Gilad Rozen, CEO and Founder of Celeno. “While the industry has focused on winning the race for theoretical speed, we have opted to solve real world problems that our service provider partners and their customers face in their homes every day, while still offering best of breed speeds.”
“The Intel® Puma™ 6 SoC’s open platform design enables innovators like Celeno to bring the latest Wi-Fi technology to the market, giving OEMs and operators the choice of best-in-class Wi-Fi solutions for their customers,” said Ran Senderovitz, Vice President, Intel’s Connected Home Division. “Celeno’s 4x4 11ac Wi-Fi solution ensures a continued strong pace of Wi-Fi innovation helping to create a robust wireless ecosystem that allows Intel based gateways to deliver the outstanding cloud to client connected experiences.”
Technical Features to optimize performance in dense deployments and their benefits:
- Supports wider 160MHz channels as well as non-contiguous 80+80MHz channels
- Enables twice the effective capacity
- Significantly improves interference mitigation with greater likelihood to find clean 160MHz capacity
- Provides better spectrum efficiency by allowing dynamic per packet change of channel width
- ArgusTM built in DSP-based spectrum scanner and analyzer
- Zero incremental costs since there is no need for additional hardware components
- Dedicated DSP and RF logic enables simultaneous scan while streaming traffic on the main channel
- Zero wait DFS to utilize DFS band channels without interrupting access point service
- Scans the spectrum to measure accurate noise levels and classify channel busy times to find least crowded channels and switch over with zero delay and without service interruption
- Provides a full picture of spectrum and radio samples to service providers with cloud-based Wi-Fi analytics, customer care tools and SON applications for full network wide Radio Resource Management
- Improved MAC/PHY to provide per-packet Dynamic Sensitivity Control and Transmit Power Control based on channel conditions and service classification
- Improves throughput in dense deployments where multiple access points reside, in apartments or even in large homes. Now, neighboring access points can co-exist with minimal interference to each other
- OptimizAIR™ 3.0 dedicated integrated CPU, tightly coupled with the MU-MIMO grouping engine and PHY feeds, controls airtime accurately per client, per MU group and per SSID
- Improves throughput in dense multi-clients deployments
- Improves 4K video streaming experience by guaranteeing Wi-Fi capacity to each device
The Celeno Quicksilver 4x4 11ac solution is now sampling with leading OEM’s and will be demonstrated on the Intel® Puma™ 6 at the Celeno Meeting Room D302, Elicium Hall at IBC, running from September 11th to 15th, 2015. The demonstration will also be presented at the Intel stand 4.B72 at IBC.