Design and development of Firmware and Drivers for innovative wireless communication systems. Working as part of the Firmware team, the Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of the wireless firmware as well as the kernel device drivers. In this high visibility role, the Firmware Engineer will define and implement high performance firmware that is tightly coupled with the underlying embedded hardware. The job requires dealing with complex issues from system level down to the bits and bytes of the design, performing in-depth analysis of data and variable factors, as well as profiling and optimizing code using advanced methods.
• First degree from a known University in Computer Science/SW Engineering / Electronics Engineering.
• 5 or more years of experience in developing software, preferably firmware, for Real-Time communication embedded systems.
• Experience working with various communication and networking protocols.
• Deep understanding of processor architecture, SW-HW interfaces and Operating Systems.
• Proficiency in programming in C language.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
• Knowledge and experience in wireless technologies such as 802.11, LTE or similar – advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in embedded Linux – advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in TCP/IP and L2 networking – advantage.
• Strong documentation skills – advantage.
• Willing to work in extremely high paced and multitasking environment.