The CL2440 is a future-ready, powerful, highly integrated, 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 single chip implementing full 802.11ac Wave 2 functionality including MU-MIMO, 160MHz channel support, beamforming and 4 Spatial Streams. Employing new MAC and PHY improvements to perfect throughput in dense environments, the CL2400 delivers up to 4x “real world” throughput, significantly raising the bar on Wi-Fi reliability.
The CL2440 integrates both a CPU and memory to run more of the wireless LAN functions on-chip, eliminating the need for costly external memories and delivering a strong host offloading solution. In addition it is architected around a powerful DSP that delivers 802.11ac PHY functions to bring a new level of Software Defined Radio (SDR) flexibility to WiFi. Designed for fit, the CL2440 comes in a compact 88 pin QFN enabling a full 4x4 high performance 802.11ac interface in a standard full sized min PCIe card with the lowest power consumption.
The CL2440 is embedded with Celeno’s feature rich OptimizAIR™ 2.0 suite, including both implicit and explicit beamforming enabling the delivery of the highest levels of performance and reliability anytime and under any circumstances while ensuring superlative QoS. The chip includes Celeno’s breakthrough channel aware Wi-Fi virtualization based upon airtime management technology, enabling the dynamic provisioning and enforcement of airtime capacity per Wi-Fi network (SSID), per service, per client and per traffic direction.
The CL2440 includes a built-in Argus DSP-based spectrum analyzer and intelligence engine. Unlike existing methods, the Argus analyzer seamlessly scans the spectrum without interrupting service and without the need for additional RBOM costs. This results in maximizing system performance in dense and interfered environments and significantly increased visibility of and control over the network.
Delivering these capabilities in a single, high-performance 802.11ac wave2 solution, along with advanced spectrum management capabilities, the CL2440 raises the bar for wireless performance, range and reliability, all critical for streaming 4K video services, deploying high capacity managed home hotspot services and overall consistent Wi-Fi user experience. It is the ideal choice for high performance set-top- boxes, service provider gateways, home routers and enterprise access points, delivering data-intensive streaming multimedia applications to the connected home.
- Single chip solution with integrated RF, Baseband and MAC
- Built-in powerful CPU, memories and accelerators for maximum host offloading
- Novel DSP-based PHY architecture for flexible SDR WiFi
- MU-MIMO and 4 Simultaneous Streams for 4x better ‘real world’ throughput
- Wider 160MHz and 80+80MHz channels for better spectrum efficiency
- ArgusTM built in DSP-based spectrum scanner and analyzer, non-traffic affecting and zero incremental RBOM
- Integrated OptimizAIR™ 2.0 Airtime Management technology for WiFi capacity management , video grade performance and smart MU grouping
- Best in class form and fit for smaller, cooler and more cost effective designs
- MU-MIMO support
- Explicit and Implicit Beam Forming for increased coverage
- 20MHz/40MHz/80MHz/80+80MHz/160MHz Bandwidth
- QAM 256 (MCS 8, 9) modulation
- Real-time Rx and Tx antenna diversity
- LDPC Tx and Rx on both 802.11ac and 802.11n
- STBC Tx and Rx
- Short guard interval (Short GI)
- Designed to work with high power external PA
- Frame Aggregation and block ACK
- WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES, WAPI
- QoS-WMM, WMM-PS
- IEEE 802.11e, h, i, k, r, v, w, z support
- Multiple BSSID support
- PCI Express v2.0 (backwards compatible with v1.1)
- Enhanced Radar Detection for long and short pulse radar
- 802.11k Radio resource management
- Advanced Spectrum Intelligence
- Support wake event signaling in Wake-On-WLAN applications
CL2440 Technical Specifications
|Standards||802.11ac wave 2|
|WiFi Security||WPA, WPA2|
|Encryption||AES, TKIP, WEP64/128, WAPI|
|Channel Bandwidth||20Mhz, 40Mhz, 80Mhz, 160Mhz|
|Data Path Interfaces||PCI Express|